I’d encourage any interested readers of this blog attending the International Medieval Congress at the University of Leeds in the summer of 2019 to consider attending the following round table discussion sponsored by the Northern Network for the Study of the Crusades.
The panel includes a range of junior and senior scholars who, as a follow up to the 2015 book Seven Myths of the Crusades, will be considering additional crusade myths.
The panelists include:
- Alan V. Murray– University of Leeds (panelist)
- Aphrodite Papayianni– Birbeck, University of London (panelist)
- Alfred J. Andrea– Emeritus, University of Vermont (panelist)
- Natasha R. Hodgson– Nottingham Trent University (panelist)
- Stephen Bennett– School of History, Queen Mary, University of London (panelist)
- Andrew Holt- Florida State College at Jacksonville (organizer and moderator)
Among the topics that will be considered are the following: Continue reading